- What is the purpose of this project: The SBB and Liip have opted for proven open source technologies and solutions to power opentransportdata.swiss: CKAN to manage the data catalogue, WordPress to manage content and Discourse to manage the community. Also, the platform is able to provide data in real time thanks to GTFS-RT.
Link to DEMO or 30s VIDEO of the project
- What is the benefit for the customer: Searchable transport data
- What is the benefit for the business: The platform also serves as a springboard for a host of innovations. There is Time for Coffee, an app that displays a list of imminent departures from your nearest station. Or TrainDelayBot, a chat bot which keeps you posted on the latest delays as soon as you set foot in the station.
- How much MD did you use to build it: confidential
- Which data is it based on: open transport data
- Which technologies were used: Tyk, CKAN